Please help? Error Creating digital asset at houdini-16.5.405

7534   11   3
4 posts
Greating all

itry use houdini 16.5.405 and unreal engine 4.18.3 but i have problem with houdini if i create digital asset always notification “Error creating digital asset:”

maybe someone can help me i give picture for notification
thanx be 4.

Attachments:
masalah houdini.JPG (20.5 KB)

Staff
534 posts
Hi,

There might be something wrong with your asset… What is inside box_object/subnet1/subnet1/subnet1 ?
Can you post your hip file?
1 posts
Same thing here.
I'm using 16.5 apprentice.

Cannot create digital asset, no matter what i do.
In digital asset is only a box and polyEtrude.
It says:
Error creating digital asset:
Can't create new operator to replace /obj/subnet1.
The node may contain VOP Networks that cannot be deleted.

Thanks for any info.
4 posts
thanx for respon @dpernuit

before that i have reinstall houdini software and delete the temp file but always like that this is notification , and i create all my document always like that

then i try download document from orbolt.com with .hip file and try create digital asset with extension .hda .hdanc .otl and .otlnc but still notification like that.

ok this is my document i havebeen create digital asset
Attachment Not Found

i use houdini-16.5.405-win64-vc14 please help becouse i want learn and create much more from this software thanx be 4

Regards.

Attachments:
2.JPG (20.0 KB)
1.JPG (160.1 KB)
pondasi.hip (89.2 KB)

4 posts
yuups dont have information for fix this?
603 posts
I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with an Apprentice license and the latest 16.5 daily build. Is there possibly anything unusual about your setup?
4 posts
@chrisgreb : what do you meant about my setup i just normal install this software but after i create digital asset always this fucking notification “Error creating digital asset: Can't create new operator to replace Bla…bla….bla”?
13 posts
Having the exact same issue. Currently following Pluralsight tutorials and I am stuck .
Looked up documentation on vops but I'm not using any, and a basic box does not automatically create any. Still the error is with a vop network. I can share any debug data if needed.
Haven't found any relevant info around google. Is any1 working on a fix ?

I am currently running Houdini Indie so i should be able to export hda's as far as I know unless the rules changed. ( with apprentice i don't think u can )
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

You're perfectly right, HIndie can export HDAs, and Vops shouldnt be involved for this, so the error might be bogus…
Could you send us your hip files, and tell us exactly how you're creating the HDA?
13 posts
Hi

Here you go. added a video of the whole thing. Hope it helps

Image Not Found

Attachments:
Houdini_HDA_Test.rar (6.2 MB)

13 posts
As for the method : I create a geo node. I go inside and delete the import file node and place a box. That's it.
13 posts
Hi. I am aware now that the video doesn't show the problem due to a recording issue. Anyway, after talking to support they pointed to my user file in C drive having a space and ‘. Changing those fixed the issue i was having with exporting HDA’s. (houdini does not like spaces or ' in its paths)

Hope it helps every1 else here.
  • Quick Links