Houdini Randomly Locking Up

1743   2   1
12 posts
Hey Guys,
Over the past few days I've run into an infuriating issue in Houdini. Basically every couple of minutes Houdini will lockup for about 5 to 10 seconds, and then continue on fine. It happens in both existing scenes as well as new ones. I've had the issue in both 16.5.302 and 16.5.405. To fix it I've tried uninstalling every single version I have installed, deleting the Houdini folders from the documents folder, restarting the machine and then reinstalling the app, as well as updating graphics drivers. but it has had absolutely no effect. It should be noted that even after all this it still noticed that I had an apprentice licence installed, so I'm not sure what I missed but what ever it is could be the cause. Maybe? Also this issue doesn't happen at Uni, even with the same scenes open.

Has anyone had this issue/know of any potential fixes?
Cheers,
Dylan
Edited by Kubaki - March 22, 2018 07:47:17
290 posts
Hi Dylan

I am also experiencing this. It has recently started at home on my apprentice license. At work its fine. Like you I updated graphics drivers but to no avail. Not yet discovered what is causing this.

Alastair
12 posts
Hey Mate,
So after a bit more searching I figured out that Malwarebytes had something to do with it. Not sure why though. Anyways I managed to fix it by switching over to Local Licencing Mode (which is what SideFX recommended). Not 100% sure if it'll fix it for you but worth giving it a shot www.sidefx.com/faq/apprentice-local-licensing/#faq74
  • Quick Links