Manual entry of pscale on variable number of points in a line

1668   4   1
21 posts
Hello,

I´ve set up a brickwall generator (who hasn´t ) that works well enough for me. It generates a row of bricks and copies that along a line. The position of the points in that line controls the height of the bricks as well as the offset. Now I would like to change the depth of the bricks depending on the scale of the points. Is there a way of creating a UI where you can enter the pscale per point if the number of points is variable? I would be thankful for a direction to put my research in because I´ve no idea how to do it..
If the file is needed I can provide it.

THX for considering,

Christian
Staff
3455 posts
no file?

I'd just add a new attribute ‘depth’ and control it along the line with a ramp or other method - avoid anything manual in tools like this.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
21 posts
Hmmm, I added a ramp to modify the ´depth´ attribute but it´s not very intuitive to use, at least for me. Attached the generator. Any other ideas? THX for your quick reply

Attachments:
brickrow.hiplc (1.3 MB)

Staff
3455 posts
you're already creating “Random_Thickness”, why not just create Random_Depth the same way then have a parameter to offset this value?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
21 posts
I believe I did some evil things and scored points for bad style. Basicly I took a NULL and added some parameters that I referenced in an AttributeVOP with a lot of if´s. There has to be a smarter way but at least I learned something today. As always I´m interessted in suggestions to look into.

edit: “Random_thickness” is just used to vary the single bricks in a row. If I offset it all my bricks in the wall will get thicker. I´m looking for a way to control single rows as shown in my last file. But I will look into the offset. THX for looking. If I close my eyes I see “wires” and “nodes”. It´s like Tetris in the old days…
Edited by Schmauch - April 11, 2018 17:31:24

Attachments:
brickrow.hiplc (1.1 MB)

• Quick Links