Move under cursor

2159   2   1
1755 posts
Howdy,
In my encountering with the bug when copy-paste an object in viewport and the node will be placed far away from current netview position, as well as dealing with rearrangement of nodes in a rather highly populated netview, I thought of a simple feature which seems to be missing. After looking thoroughly in the netview's menus, I'm still not sure whether it's indeed missing, but if it is, I thought of hearing some opinions on it before submitting a RFE.

The feature I'm thinking is a command, via a hotkey, to move the node of the selected object/s under the mouse cursor. This will come in very handy when selecting an object in the viewport, while having the netview focused on the tree area where you'd like to have that object's node moved to, instead of panning back'n'forth and struggling to pick and move a very small node, when zoomed out.
333 posts
The only thing i could think of is holding down “A” and click and drag your mouse in the network view where you want to reposition the node. That will kind of work even if it wasnt intended for that purpose. So its not exactly what you ask for but I think it helps with your issue.
1755 posts
It kinda helps. I have to click and drag quite a few times before I get it to work. Thanks.
  • Quick Links