Use Multiple StaticMeshComponent instead of Single InstancedStaticMeshComponent inside Unreal Engine 4

3397   2   1
25 posts
I have a simple HDA which has same Pillar Mesh scatter across the scene using copytopoints. Now I don't wanna use InstanceStaticMesh as they don't culled properly and lightmap resolution is too low. Other option I tried was to pack by name and used “unreal_split_instances” but that is creating unique mesh for each pillar. When I do bake with it, its generating unique pillar mesh for each point.
So is there a way where its uses multiple StaticMeshComponent but uses same Mesh across the scene?

Thanks,
Edited by parth patel - April 17, 2018 22:50:01
603 posts
unreal_split_instances should create separate staticmesh components that reference the same mesh asset. When you bake using ‘Bake Blueprint’ it should save only that one mesh asset to the content browser. In my test I used copytopoints with Pack and Instance enabled.
25 posts
Thanks for the reply. That did work. I was trying to use pack primitive node then was using “unreal_split_instances”. I kinda understand now how the packing and instances work.

Thanks,
  • Quick Links