delete/dissolve polyline/edge in VEX?

5338   3   0
79 posts
How can I remove a polyline connecting 2 points in VEX?
79 posts
I think I understand. It really depends on the context. I have a primitive per polyline so a simple removeprim works in this case. If a primitive has multiple polylines, I need to create new primitives that won't contain the polyline I'm trying to remove.

I'm starting to wrap my head around this. If anyone has suggestions for documentation/tutorials on how to manage geometry in VEX, feel free to share and I'll look into it.
2034 posts
The last argument of removeprim() when set to one removes the points of that primitive.(if no other primitive owns the point/s).

If you set it to zero, the points of that primitive are kept, so in your case you will be able to create a new primitive out of the points of your choosing left afterwards.
Edited by BabaJ - April 18, 2018 12:22:32
20 posts
MathieuLeclaire
I think I understand. It really depends on the context. I have a primitive per polyline so a simple removeprim works in this case. If a primitive has multiple polylines, I need to create new primitives that won't contain the polyline I'm trying to remove.

I'm starting to wrap my head around this. If anyone has suggestions for documentation/tutorials on how to manage geometry in VEX, feel free to share and I'll look into it.

did you removed the code you've used ?

i'm searching for that too, but can't find an answer now in your post Mathieu.
  • Quick Links