RBD to FBX Error

5758   6   1
40 posts
Hi,
I have been trying to get use the RBD to FBX tool, and I'm running into a problem I don't understand. I've had this working in the recent past, so I don't know if something has changed, or if I'm doing something wrong.

For a simple test, I created a box, shattered it, and made it a rigid body using shelf buttons. I also translated it upward and added a ground plane. The simulation runs and looks correct.

At the object level, I select the AutoDopNetwork and click the RBD to FBX button. It creates a new node in the out context called rop_rbd_to_fbx1. It has these warnings:

Warning
Skipping unrecognized parameter “createsubnetroot”.
Warning
Skipping unrecognized parameter “pr”.
Warning
Skipping unrecognized parameter “pr”.

If I click Render, I also get the following Error:

Error
Error rendering child: /out/rop_rbd_to_fbx1/shell1

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? I'm getting it even in the simplest simulations. I'm running Houdini 16.0.633, and I have tried the latest versions of both Stable and Development branches of the Game Development Tools. I get the same results with both.

Thank you!
Brian Kohrman
Edited by bkohrman - April 19, 2018 13:36:20
7740 posts
You're probably using houdini 16.0 instead of 16.5
40 posts
Thanks for the response!

Yes, I'm running Houdini 16. Is that a problem? I did have the RBD to FBX tool working around couple weeks ago, and I was running 16 then, too. I really don't know what changed.
394 posts
Brian, can you share your test file?

Mike
40 posts
Here's the most basic test file, with a fractured cube.

Attachments:
RBDtoFBX_TEST_01.hip (238.2 KB)

394 posts
Because you're importing directly from the AutoDopNetwork it's grabbing the ground as well which isn't a packed object.

Better to use a dopimport in a geo container and specify that you just want the Box_Fracture object imported as packed geo.

I think you can ignore the warnings. Those are specific to 16.5 but shouldn't cause any problems.

Attachments:
RBDtoFBX_TEST_02.hip (268.5 KB)

40 posts
Oh, of course. That was it- I needed to export only packed geometry. Thanks a ton!
  • Quick Links