Trouble with Capture Geometry

2296   8   1
58 posts
For some reason does not work Biharmonic Capture Geometry. Why can it be?
Edited by Danil Shaposhnikov - April 19, 2018 10:13:10

Attachments:
errorSkin.jpg (117.0 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
can you upload the file (with the geometry you are trying to capture)?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
58 posts
goldfarb
can you upload the file (with the geometry you are trying to capture)?
Yes, thank you for the response. In archive i put part of scene and 2 version of geometry. I wrote in the sticky note some comments.

Attachments:
skelet.rar (1.7 MB)

355 posts
using the muscDH geometry, the problem with it I think is that the tetrahedralization is failing because the geometry is not suited to be tetrahedralized (It has holes and isn't conforming). One way I found to fix this is to use another piece of geometry to do the tetrahedralization (like a sphere, and shape it roughly to match the geo I want to skin) and that works or you could use a different capturing method. Check attached file.

Also if you're using the stash node, you should click the “stash input” button to re-cache the input geo or the deform SOP will still be reading the old geo.
Edited by traileverse - April 20, 2018 02:38:34

Attachments:
scene04_goldfarb_02.hiplc (6.0 MB)

hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
58 posts
miccetro
using the muscDH geometry, the problem with it I think is that the tetrahedralization is failing because the geometry is not suited to be tetrahedralized (It has holes and isn't conforming). One way I found to fix this is to use another piece of geometry to do the tetrahedralization (like a sphere, and shape it roughly to match the geo I want to skin) and that works or you could use a different capturing method. Check attached file.

Also if you're using the stash node, you should click the “stash input” button to re-cache the input geo or the deform SOP will still be reading the old geo.
Thanks. Yes i know about “stash” and i was trying to close holes, remesh and it does not work.
I thought it was some hidden problem of the original fbx file, which contains many elements created in different programs. I still understand this little, this is the first rig on the Houdini. I may have to use your method, thank you.
UPD: i find another solution. It`s work with Enlarge Input Mesh offset! apparently the reason was too subtle details.
Edited by Danil Shaposhnikov - April 20, 2018 03:28:00
355 posts
Thanks. Yes i know about “stash” and i was trying to close holes, remesh and it does not work.
I thought it was some hidden problem of the original fbx file, which contains many elements created in different programs. I still understand this little, this is the first rig on the Houdini. I may have to use your method, thank you.
UPD: i find another solution. It`s work with Enlarge Input Mesh offset! apparently the reason was too subtle details.

Oh yeh true.
hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
Staff
3455 posts
Danil Shaposhnikov

yes - this is one of the issues with the biharmonic method - the output of the Bone Capture Lines SOP needs to be inside the tet mesh. You'll also have issues with those very thin sheets of muscle.
Edited by goldfarb - April 20, 2018 10:55:26

Attachments:
bad_capture.png (382.3 KB)

Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
Staff
3455 posts
thinking more about this…it's an interesting use case - we'll have to think up something clever
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
58 posts
goldfarb
thinking more about this…it's an interesting use case - we'll have to think up something clever
It's no problem anymore for me when i'm add bones for control muscle reaction, everything work fine. Houdini is amazing.
  • Quick Links