Import FBX - how to smooth model's parts faster at once?

996   2   1
5 posts
Hi,

I'm new to Houdini please advise or point to appropriate tutorial. Sorry for a simple question.

I'm importing FBX model and it comes as Scene, inside it 28 individual Scene each have Geometry/File inside.
I want to smooth entire model. I found “subdivide” that I can only apply inside Geometry level but not to the entire main Scene.

Does it mean I need to go inside each Scene one by one? What the correct way to work with model build with parts? Am I importing it wrongly? What is correct workflow/ trick for apply a tool to a multiple objects/nodes in different places?

Thank you,
L
2528 posts
Try this…
Drop down an empty geometry node at the top level. Dive inside and delete the File node. Then create an ObjectMerge node. Browse to one of the items that you want smooth. Once it appears in the viewport consider the name. In my FBX I have a car with a ton of parts, but they all represent the car object. ../../_27_car_lightbulb_stage_1k_fbx/mt_vehicle_*

So shorten the path to the object and use a wild card character at the end to merge in all like named pieces. Remember to change the drop down of the ObjectMerge to Into This Object.

Follow up the ObjectMerge with your smooth node or other processing.
Edited by Enivob - April 25, 2018 09:26:36

Attachments:
untitled-1.jpg (111.8 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
5 posts
Enivob,
Perfect. So simple!
I knew that there is a trick you need to know!
Thank you for replying to such a basic question, appreciate it.
L
  • Quick Links