Houdini Crashes on Alembic export.

2632   4   1
8 posts
I followed along this tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8V3SRDGMSA [www.youtube.com]

that explains rather well how to get a FLIP fluid sim out of Houdini and into Maya via an alembic export. This tutorial shows you how to get colour and custom velocity attributes baked into the alembic.

I was able to successfully export the alembic file with colour info in tact and read it in no problems into Maya.

When I try and export to alembic with the added Custom Velocity attribute, Houdini consistently crashes. Any tips or ideas on how I can get this to work?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Staff
327 posts
Please file a bug and attach an example .hip file that triggers the crash.
8 posts
Hi Derrick,

Thanks for the reply. I will leave a file node dangling at the end of my particle fluid network as setting this to a path name with .abc, will invoke the crash. It's below the attribpromote1 node.

As I'm new here I'm not quite sure the procedure to file a bug report, additionally this may not be a bug as much as it could be my own user error at this point. If you find anything please let me know.

Cheers!

Attachments:
blueAndYellow2.hip (2.0 MB)

Staff
327 posts
Thanks for the example file. This bug was fixed for Houdini 16.5.329. You can install a recent production build (or daily build) to get the fix.

The “Support -> Report a Bug/RFE” menu item at the top of our web site can be used to file bug reports.
8 posts
Excellent, thanks very much for your help!
  • Quick Links