Muscle primitive?

4265   5   1
436 posts
I am confused.

Why is the Muscle primitive present in Flex_muscle.hipnc file from SideFX not present Tab/Generators in new scenes.
60 posts
I HAVE NOT TRIED THE SCENE…

BUT DO YOU HAVE “CAPS LOCK” ACTIVATED ON YOUR KEYBOARD?

I've been fudged by this one before.
If it's not that… sorry I mentioned it :wink:

It looks as if you've been working in Houdini for a while (over 300 forum posts), so that is most likely not it.
Jim Ellis
www.emsh.calarts.edu/~jim
4256 posts
The flex_muscle.hipnc is provided by Mr. Simon Barrick and the Muscle Primitive is just a Digital Asset that Simon has embedded into the hip file. If you want to modify where the digital assets show up you can always use the Toolbar manager and such to customize.
Edited by - Aug. 5, 2006 15:08:26
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
2199 posts
That asset is really crude and only intended to illustrate a way of doing muscle animation, the idea was to encourage Sesi to add something like this into the core package, exactly as you are hoping for too.
Hopefully they will take the hint…… :wink:
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
436 posts
I was under impression that muscle prims, and flexor SOPs are std in v8. Yet when I launch v8, they do not appear.
Also I dl a lot of assets (like otl) and put them into OTl dir, multiRail for example, yet they do not appear in TAB menus.
2199 posts
None of those things are standard, they are all assets that I wrote specifically to demostrate muscle deformation. They are probably only embedded in that one particular hip file. The whole flex system in its various forms was all written in vex and as such isn't really intended as a production ready tool, it was purely designed and released as a proto type to show how I thought it could be done.

The multi-railer is available somewhere on exchange as a seperate asset, but be aware many of these things were made as non-commercial assets. If you need them for production you would have to convert them.

To install an otl open Houdini and go to File -> Install Operator Type Library
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
  • Quick Links