smoke separation

2134   2   1
30 posts
hello 

i have give different material to two emitters smoke

but if I create two smoke objects , smoke object 1 dose not effects each smoke object 2

how can create effect between two smoke objects
please see project file.

thank you.
Edited by sajadalavi - May 13, 2018 13:07:10

Attachments:
separation smoke.hip (1.0 MB)

1391 posts
Hi

I think it's not good idea to work with two different container (Smoke Objetc) in just one PyroSolver .
in this case your source data will copy on both and also if these smoke objects have different size/voxel you should have some artifact in final sim.

I don't know is there any better solution or not ,But maybe one of them is using two different Pyro Solver network beside each other and then share vel data between them.
to copy vel field from one pyro sim to another one you can easily use Copy Data Solver. Of course you need to do some more tweak in your networks .
for example adding one more vector field which can be use as a imported velocity field and also using Gas Filed VOP to add this temporary vel field to the main vel field.
I this method you will probably need to divide imported vel field with some larger number before adding it to the main vel.(to prevent fast motion of two pyro which caused by adding different vel on each steps)

However working with different solvers in same dynamic network is so complicated.
If you are just looking for a solutation to seperete your smokes for shading ,Maybe you can advect a Mask field in your simulation and then use this to make a blend between twi different shaders.(Somthing like advecting Cd in the pyro)

So you just need one pyro solver and one Smoke Object.

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
30 posts
hi sadjad rabiee thank you very much
I studying part 2 of your answer. and it guidance me to one project for houdini in help. but this change my mind for dynamics.
Sadjad Rabiee
Hi

I think it's not good idea to work with two different container (Smoke Objetc) in just one PyroSolver .
in this case your source data will copy on both and also if these smoke objects have different size/voxel you should have some artifact in final sim.

I don't know is there any better solution or not ,But maybe one of them is using two different Pyro Solver network beside each other and then share vel data between them.
to copy vel field from one pyro sim to another one you can easily use Copy Data Solver. Of course you need to do some more tweak in your networks .
for example adding one more vector field which can be use as a imported velocity field and also using Gas Filed VOP to add this temporary vel field to the main vel field.
I this method you will probably need to divide imported vel field with some larger number before adding it to the main vel.(to prevent fast motion of two pyro which caused by adding different vel on each steps)

However working with different solvers in same dynamic network is so complicated.
If you are just looking for a solutation to seperete your smokes for shading ,Maybe you can advect a Mask field in your simulation and then use this to make a blend between twi different shaders.(Somthing like advecting Cd in the pyro)

So you just need one pyro solver and one Smoke Object.

• Quick Links