Cloud Dynamic Simulation

5052   3   1
6 posts
Hi everyone !

i've create a cloud , and i transform that into Pyro for create a Cloudly Collision with an Object,
my question :
how i can create a collision by Velocity with Microsolvers ? actually, my cloud is nice with Pyro, but when i've a collision with my cloud during the simulation, when the objet collide with my cloud, it's like a Fireball when my object out of the cloud, and there isn't dissipation or nice turbulence ..

thank you

Attachments:
cloud.jpg.6accd3800ada9dda1964c0614544dc89.jpg (46.0 KB)
test cloud simulation.hipnc (1.2 MB)

Staff
2540 posts
Colliders should have point velocities on the points.

By default the Pyro Solver > Relationships > Collisions tab has the settings to determine how other simulation objects map in to the Pyro Solver.

It defaults to point velocity on colliders. So unbypass the Trail SOP and then see if you can build some curl noise in an Attribute VOP to move those velocity vectors around.

You can also enable velocity volumes for collision velocity. Turning this on and then use a Fluid Source SOP to build up some curl vel volumes and merge that just above the Split SOP.

A third option is to use a Pump off the shelf to inject velocity directly in to the Pyro Solver. To use the shelf, you may have to create a new object and object merge in the SOP just after the Trail SOP and run the pump on this. Careful not to put in double velocities, unless that gets you your look.
There's at least one school like the old school!
6 posts
nice ! thank you !
when i put my Cloud setup in a Pyro, it's normal , i've 2 cloud ?
when i take a simulation, the cloud simulation is nice, but inside the cloud, i've another cloud ( static )

i try :
Volum Operation > Source Volume > Add & Copy
Copy : there isn't simulation
Add : there is 2 clouds

thank you

Attachments:
untitled.mov (70.9 KB)

27 posts
I have the same problem right now with Cloud node and collision. My set up is basic, Cloud node, Cloud Noise to get nice cloud shape and then import density to DOP. Static object to collide with. The collision works fine on the smoke level but the Cloud feels static. I would like to Cloud and Cloud Noise to interact with the static object and look like smoke interaction. Is it possible?
  • Quick Links