Tiled shape VOPS?

2560   2   0
21 posts
Hi

I came across these nodes (tiled hexagons, tiled box, etc) when I am trying to generate some hexagon tiles, but I have no idea how to use them. Info in the manual is too simple to be helpful. Could anyone point me some directions, please?
Staff
2540 posts
The Tiled Hexagon VOP is one of a few of the old original VOP patterns from way back written in vex.

The Tiled Hexagons VOP returns an integer id value and vector hexuv variable that has an s and t value that varies across the hexagon face in u and v directions.

These older pattern type VOPs don't give you higher order features like edge width, shading across face, etc that you may expect. But you can build up these features with additional VOPs. These are the raw patterns exposed.

Have a look at the attached scene file for the Hexagon Tiles VOP and the Rounded Hexagons VOP. Both are kinda lacking and not exactly what you want. But they do cool things though.

I forgot about the Rounded Hexagons VOP and it's hexagonish or “hexness” parameter that goes from circles to four leaf flowers and hexagons are somewhere around 0.5 .

Attachments:
hexagon_vops.hip (192.2 KB)

There's at least one school like the old school!
21 posts
Oh Thank you very much!
  • Quick Links