Agent Foot Locking Not Working?

1351   4   1
2529 posts
I have an agent driven by mocap that I have baked out. The mocap has sliding feet. I have enabled foot locking on the crowd solver but my agent's feet still slide around. How can I get my feet to remained locked in place? I have specified the foot ball and ankle NULL controllers when I created the agent.

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (208.8 KB)
mocap_foot_slide.gif (878.2 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
Staff
727 posts
You should inspect the CHOP network that was generated. IIRC it defaults to doing a velocity-based approach for detecting when the feet are planted, which might not be working well in your case if the original mocap has lots of sliding.
2529 posts
Thanks, I am looking into cleaning up the CHOPs a bit with the Filter node in DeSpike mode. I think my posted example is a case of just bad mocap to begin with. I think someone may have bumped the camera or equipment during capture.

Do I need to enable Terrain as well as Foot planting for the overall system to work?
Edited by Enivob - May 28, 2018 10:38:35
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
Staff
727 posts
Terrain is optional - you can still have foot planting enabled without it
2529 posts
Good to know.

I think I found one of the main culprits to my foot sliding. The translational scale of the mocap did not match the scale of the rig. Once I dialed that in a bit better my foot locking and overal mocap motion has improved.

Attachments:
mocap_foot_slide.gif (634.2 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
  • Quick Links