Can not get rid of the black plane comes with the ground plane or static object

5298   5   0
11 posts
I have created a ground plane and I do not want to render it… When I turn it off, I still get a black plane in my scene.. Please help me with this issue…. I don't want to render out my scene with that black plane..

Attachments:
issues with render.jpg (328.3 KB)

2527 posts
More than likely you are including the ground plane when you fetch the result from your AutoDopNetwork contained inside geo1. You can filter what you import using ^groundplane1 to exclude the ground plane from being fetched back into your SOP network. Also try turning off the Proxy display of the groundplane itself, inside the DOP network.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
11 posts
Hi Enivob!! Thank you for your reply.. I went back to check my geo 1 and also try the exclude … but it still carries both my VDB object and ground plane as a ghost black objects in the scene… I try to use the facet sop and check the post computer normal but it will just put the particle texture back to the plane and the skull obj.( instead of black)… Here are more screen shots….
Attachment Not Found

Attachments:
issue01.jpg (403.7 KB)
issue02.jpg (409.6 KB)
issue03.jpg (391.5 KB)
issue04.jpg (399.3 KB)
issue05.jpg (207.4 KB)
issue06.jpg (323.5 KB)
issue07.jpg (209.4 KB)

11 posts
And ….. Thank you AGAIN!!!!

I fix it by typing the exclude in the popnet instead of the dopnet!!

And it works!!!!

Many thanks!!!!
2527 posts
Cool, glad you figured it out.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
1 posts
Using this text in the DOPNET>Object line would have removed your ground plane as well: * ^groundplane1
  • Quick Links