CHOP FLAGS

1552   4   0
164 posts
Hey,

Is there a way to set the visiblity flags on Chops to work in the same way as everywhere else?
E.g. One at a time.

Thanks
http://simonfarussell.com [simonfarussell.com]
2529 posts
Yes, select all the nodes and then click on the node's Display flag to turn them on then click again to turn them all off.
Deselect all nodes and click on the Display flag of the single node you want displayed in the Motion Effects window.
Edited by Enivob - June 9, 2018 10:17:13
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
2036 posts
Chops allows adding nodes to display because one typically is using the motionfx window to compare different channels.

If it was setup like in sops where only one can be displayed at a time it would be much more of a burden and slowing down of workflow for most users.
164 posts
BabaJ
Chops allows adding nodes to display because one typically is using the motionfx window to compare different channels.

If it was setup like in sops where only one can be displayed at a time it would be much more of a burden and slowing down of workflow for most users.

Ah right, I guess I'm not most users then.
I guess there's not preference to set it back to pre 16 behaviour?
http://simonfarussell.com [simonfarussell.com]
2036 posts
I don't think there is.

And also, maybe I over-emphasized.( ‘most users’ )

I started using Houdini with 15…I don't remember a different behaviour like your suggesting. My memory could be bad though.

But if what your saying is true, then it seems like they changed it perhaps as a repsonse to requests?

Although I do find the default behviour more usefull for my workflow, I do on occassion need to use the method Enivob suggests.

Wouldn't hurt to make an RFE that allows one to ‘toggle’ between the two behaviours.(as default settings)
Edited by BabaJ - June 12, 2018 10:01:30
  • Quick Links