Improving movements of agents. Crowd sim

912   0   0
11 posts
Good day, houdini masters!

I have 2 questions.

1) I have a street where a lot of agents which are moving in both directions. I found that my agents moving not like how would acting real person. The solution I needed (I guess), was turning down turn rate parametr from 90 to about 40-45. That gave me more realistic crowd movement but also gave me a headache. When a few agents meeting each other in crowd and some of the agents can't evade others, because turn rate doesn't let them turn so fast, they are stepping trough agents.
So I wonder, if there's some method or tool how to make agents stop (turn down velocity) until have room to act? I was digging inside crowd solver and found node that are trying to calculate avoidance, but sadly it's not clear to me right now.

2) Right now I have a crowd state with bunch of clips in it that distributing among the agents according its weights. Is there's a way how to make agents pick another clip from the state after thier current clip ends? Simply I'm looking for way how to rotate clips from one state on agents.

I hope there's enough informations.

Thank you for you time!

UPD: Attached test scene for first question, with simplified sim. I hope it would be helpful
Edited by Qwerty1889 - June 18, 2018 04:06:39

Attachments:
test_avoidance.hipnc (461.4 KB)

• Quick Links