Online Training options

1778   3   1
2 posts
Hi SideFX,
I'm a newbie who decided to learn Houdini over Maya, because I believe that in spite of it being a more complex software, it offers a greater advantage overall in the many ways that it can be used. However, I have found many online schools such as AnimationMentor, ianimate, Think Tank, AnimSquad and many others who offer structured classes with live instructors & feedback to help individuals learn Maya, but I have yet to find anything like this for Houdini. Are there any options like these for Houdini? If so, where can I find them? If not, are my only options the tutorials on your website and other locations (Youtube, vimeo, etc…)? I am currently going through the Foundations pdf, and I am enjoying it tremendously. Thank you
Staff
3455 posts
there are some courses on Pluralsight/Udemy/etc
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
2 posts
Thank you for responding so quickly. I have seen those sites and they are basically video tutorials. I was looking for something that included personal class instruction from a mentor that is currently or previously worked in the industry. I have seen a lot of outstanding work on your website and thought that the Houdini experts would have seen the success of the online schools that I mentioned previously and upped the ante. A interactive Houdini course by industry experts would be the number one choice for individuals like me attempting to enter the VFX/Animation field. I will keep pressing on with video tutorials until someone makes this possible.

Thank you again Michael
2036 posts
This one is an online video…but it says you can have instructor interaction.

https://thevfxschool.com/faq/ [thevfxschool.com]
  • Quick Links