Reusing animation

1823   2   0
2 posts
Hello, sorry if this has been asked before, but I need to reuse some animation keyframes that i make in one file in a number of other files. All the files uses the same digital asset with the same parameters, so in my limited knowledge i think it may be as simple as copy pasting the keys between them…? But is there any tips on a nice and procedural way of reusing the keyframes from one houdini file into another so i can only update the animation in one file and it will mirror across my other files? say using chops ? Any pointers on the best way to do this would be greatly helpful, in advance thank you!!
Staff
3455 posts
you can use the Pose Library to store that animation.

if you wanted your HDA to have animated parameters and have that animation update across files you can save the HDA with the animation, then an instance will have that animation, and update when the HDA is updated. (I don't recommend doing this)
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
2 posts
the pose library will definatly get the job done and I'm very happy to see this option is available in houdini.

based on your suggestion i just did a quick test with storing the animation in a new hda with the main one nested inside and it does just what i need! amazing, even simpler than i thought

Thanks again for your answer and for the great work mr goldfarb!
  • Quick Links