Houdini begginer willing to work for free in return for mentoring

1617   3   1
2 posts
Dear All

I am new to Houdini and learning as much as I can at the moment. I have the time for a while to develop my understanding and looking for people to collaborate with. I am willing to work for free on projects in return I would be mentored and taught becoming better with Houdini.

So Please let me know if anyone is interested. I have a good workstation and have some time to work and learn.

Thanks
19 posts
That's a really good initiative. Perhaps there is also a Houdini User Group in your neighbourhood to nurture your idea a bit more. This one might be of help https://www.meetup.com/pro/houdini/ [www.meetup.com]
Edited by r-cite - July 21, 2018 05:06:42
1 posts
Hello hasanatallah!
I am actually in the same situation as you, and I was thinking of doing the same thing in search of guidance for learning more about Houdini, and now I found your topic. I hope I'm not bothering you, but maybe there's room for one more apprentice.
So I'll double down on this request for mentoring. Maybe more people are in this situation and their voice would enforce this idea and this great initiative.

I looked for a User Group as Cerimon mentioned, but unfortunately couldn't find any in my country.

I hope we'll be able to find a way to do something productive in Houdini while investing time and energy to hone our skills.

Thank you!
Staff
3455 posts
NEVER EVER work for ‘free’
if you feel you need more structured help in learning Houdini, but maybe can't afford to take a course, I'd suggest doing small (SMALL) projects that use limited sets of features in Houdini, post your progress to the WIP forum and just ask questions when you get stuck.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links