Redshift and HQueue

5230   4   2
4 posts
hi there.
i was wondering if redshift supports hqueue?
or any other altranative.
im trying to set a home farm.

i get this error when i try to run it through hqueue.

Skipping unrecognized parameter "ogl_alpha".
             Skipping unrecognized parameter "ogl_light".
 [/shop/RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1]

Error:       Bad node type found: redshift_material in /shop/RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1.
Warning:     Ignoring data for locked node: RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1/redshift_material1
             Ignoring data for locked node: RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1/redshift_material1
             Ignoring data for locked node: RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1/redshift_material1
Error:       Bad node type found: redshift::Material in /shop/RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1.
Warning:     Ignoring data for locked node: RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1/Material1
             Ignoring data for locked node: RS_Material2/redshift_vopnet1/Material1

Thank you
Edited by Qozia3 - July 21, 2018 13:10:31
280 posts
Are you trying to render on multiple machines or just batch render projects?
If the later. you could create a cmd file on your user folder (if you are working on windows)
with the following lines:

mread Ihoudini/Jobname/hipfile1.hip
render -f 1 100 -V /out/beauty

mread Ihoudini/jobname2/anotherhipfile.hip
render -f 1 200 -V /out/beauty

-f is for frame range
-V is for verbose

And then just execute the cmd file with Houdini Command Line:
hbatch NewBatchFile.cmd

I basically do that all the time at work to leave my machine rendering without having to set up a render farm, once you get used to it is super convenient. You don't even have to open Houdini to re-render stuff.

Hope it helps,
nico.

EDIT: “:”and backslash“/” are appearing as emoji in here, hehehe… be notice.
Edited by Nicolas Heluani - July 24, 2018 11:32:45
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8408875/ [www.imdb.com]
81 posts
Would there be also a flag available for skipping to the next scene when the current errors? Or even better, restarting from last rendered frame?

Cheers
Michiel
13 posts
Hi Anyone getting this same error? It would be great to fix this on my brand new render node… that is just sat there… doing nothing…
13 posts
Edit that. It was the .env file on the node. It didn't have the plugin information in there, fixed right away.
  • Quick Links