problem with boolean and add node (add by attribute)

1214   4   0
900 posts
this is my goal:

Is there any quick method to do it?

I tried two different ways (check the project file) and both don't work:

1) I created a circle, stored @P.z in attribute @Z, deleted geo but keep pts, ADD node set to “add by attribute Z”. It's able to connect only certain pairs of points. Like in the following pic:

2) I tried to use a boolean, intersecting a TUBE with a set of lines (every line is a prim). It doesn't work.

any idea?

Thanks!
Edited by Andr - July 31, 2018 16:27:13

Attachments:
boolean and Add.hiplc (100.3 KB)

2038 posts
Here you go…

Attachments:
Circle Lines.hiplc (70.5 KB)

900 posts
Ehy thanks Babaj, simple and effective!

So when you use add by attribute, the attribute must be integer, otherwise a float attribute would cause issues, like in my case.
But in the documentation that's not mentioned, mmhhhhh:
Attribute
If group by attribute is specified, this attribute will be used to determine how to connect the polygons within the group. Points with the same attribute value will be connected together. The connection order will respect the point order of the group.

ps. I found a way to use the boolean, so one can fill different shapes with parallel lines.
I attach the updated solution.
Cheers

Attachments:
A_boolean_Add.hiplc (203.1 KB)

8535 posts
Andr
So when you use add by attribute, the attribute must be integer, otherwise a float attribute would cause issues, like in my case.
But in the documentation that's not mentioned, mmhhhhh:
Attribute
If group by attribute is specified, this attribute will be used to determine how to connect the polygons within the group. Points with the same attribute value will be connected together. The connection order will respect the point order of the group.

it doesn't have to be integer value, but since connects all points with the same value it is tricky for float as the values can easily differ by very tiny amount which you will not even see in the spreadsheet as that rounds the values

so to make it work even with float round your z to like 4 or 5 decimal places
Edited by tamte - Aug. 1, 2018 07:21:10
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
900 posts
thanks Tomas, it makes a lot of sense now!
  • Quick Links