Sweep - UV mapping issue

6397   7   1
1 posts
Hello,
I followed tutorials about creating procedurally mapped objects and I managed to get textured swept profile.
Then I decided to my own custom geometry, did exactly the steps I did before but for some reason I cant get correctly mapped sweep profile again.
Basically I did curve for a path. Then combination of curves joined together to get the desired profile shape, both converted to NURBS, mapped with Arc length spline, then converted back to polygon, Sweep node and UV Quick shade node.
I have no idea what Iam doing wrong, checked all the nodes many times, compared to tutorial, everything seems to be same, but still no luck.
Could anybody give me a hint what am I doing wrong?
Iam attaching the file.
Thanks in advance

Attachments:
sweep_profile.hipnc (169.5 KB)

2 posts
Same with me. I am following the procedural wall tutorial. I've double checked all my nodes, recreated them from the tutorial, and it just isn't working. My UVs get all bunched up in the sweep node. They retain their vertical placement, but the horizontal coordinates are all set to 0.
333 posts
You need to swap the -90 angle so the cross section has the angle set to -90 and leave the backbone texture angle at 0.
The backbone needs to be in U direction and the Cross Section in V.

Not sure why the sweep doesnt like it the other way around tbh. I thought i have seen it work the other way.
34 posts
Hey just a heads up i was also working through the GaTu wall tutorial and got stuck on the UV part, make sure the UVTexture nodes are set to “Vertex” and not “Point” had something similar i had to do to get the colors to transfer properly when doing to the wall cross section part of it as well. I think it works for him because hes on Houdini 15? not sure though.
1 posts
Make sure attribute class is set to auto select in your UVTexture node.
3 posts
Hey guys,
I'm doing the same GaTu tutorial (procedural wall)
I remain stucked on the UV procedural mapping until I solved like this:
- set to point all you UVTexture nodes set Attribute class to Point (in this way the UV information will be contained in points and not in vertexes)
- set in the Seep node into the output tab the Attributes form path like this: * ^P

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (13.3 KB)

9 posts
I made a video about a closed spline with UVs. Maybe this helps you guys:

https://youtu.be/Phz3BTwFWRg [youtu.be]
Edited by simonschreibt - Aug. 15, 2018 15:40:23
  • Quick Links