HDA Handles Documentation

4002   3   4
240 posts
Is there any documentation for handle types in HDAs? There's almost 60 different kinds in the list, but I can't find hardly any information about them in the docs.

For example, I've tried the bounding box handle type seen below, but I'm not sure what kind of VEX code / VOP nodes I'd need to access the different dimensions of the box (Yes, I can probably grab the value of the center and add thescale values accordingly - but I thought there would be another method to directly access handle data).

In a perfect world, I'd like to recreate the Falloff handle from C4D (two adjustable planes with a line in between), and I'm not sure if this already exists, or if there'd be a way for me to create my own non-rendering visualizer in the asset itself using curves.

Thanks,
Luke
4 posts
Any luck on that?
Would be great to have better docs on these handles to make great HDA
240 posts
Nope. Couldn't figure out a solution, and when the MOPs toolkit arrived that contained the features (and more) that I was trying to build into an HDA, I stopped looking.

https://www.motionoperators.com/ [www.motionoperators.com]
77 posts
This is not a handle but a geo guide.
You could link the shape at “Guide Geometry” under the “Node” tab (so not the “Handles” tab)
But in this way, the guide will disappear when you select other node.
I find another method to always show the guide – give the shape a output node

Edited by zengchen - Aug. 25, 2018 22:43:09
My Youtube Channel [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links