Force nodes to not cook when selected ?

9545   9   1
41 posts
Hi !

I'm working on a quite heavy scene and I've noticed when I select a node with display or template flags off houdini still cooks it to show a “thumbnail” of the node in the viewport.
On heavy scenes it's quite annoying Is there a was to change that behavior ? Can't find it in the preferences but maybe I'm missing something !

Cheers !
My portfolio : www.guillaume-j.com
41 posts
Oh and, I'd like to keep the Auto Update mode ON, I'd like just to force only nodes with display flags ON to cook …
4189 posts
Bypass does that. shift-B on the node
41 posts
Thanks but actually I want the node not in Bypass mode, but I'd just like that when I select that node it's not cooked
279 posts
You can do that if viewport is not visible. I hide viewport with a Ctrl + B on parameter or other one pane. It's very useful if you need to open a file without cooking you scene.
41 posts
Thanks fsimerey, good to know ! So no “Don't-ghost-selected-node” option somewhere ..
Staff
5156 posts
If you RMB click on the Select Geometry tool (2nd icon down on the left toolbar), you'll get a menu with a radio list at the bottom - “Show Display Operator” and “Show Current Operator”. Change this to show the display operator, and it won't display the current geometry in the viewport when you select a SOP.
41 posts
You made my day sir Cheers !!
85 posts
twod
If you RMB click on the Select Geometry tool (2nd icon down on the left toolbar), you'll get a menu with a radio list at the bottom - “Show Display Operator” and “Show Current Operator”. Change this to show the display operator, and it won't display the current geometry in the viewport when you select a SOP.

How do I do this in Houdini 16.5?
Staff
5156 posts
It hasn't changed in 16.5:

Attachments:
disp-curr.png (180.7 KB)

• Quick Links