Object Wrangle preview

5571   10   8
402 posts
Hello out there,

Here's a little look at a little ongoing project. Stay tuned for updates

Cheers!
Henry Dean
55 posts
Looks really interesting! Looking forward to some more examples in the future. Quick question from a relative noob to coding: what can this Not do? How is ObjVex different from normal Vex? Can I be used to recreate some sculpting tools like Sculptris for example, with adaptive mesh generation? Or Sop level Curvature detection?

If you need testers, let me know.

Thank you and great work!
Edited by Drakon - Aug. 21, 2018 12:24:48
1755 posts
I can already glimpse a few applications for ctrl rigs. Keep it up, I'm very interested to see where you take it.
63 posts
Hi Mr “friedasparagus,”
…Thanks for beating me to it in making an “object wrangle” node. Now all that needs to be made is a “network wrangle” node . …Will the node itself be compatible with the “handles tool” in that the tool brings up the normal transform handles that other objects have (such as the null and geometry nodes)?
Edited by HongMao - Aug. 27, 2018 15:12:06
402 posts
Hi,

Sorry for the radio silence here, been buried away working at the project which I think has reached a decent point to share another update. So here it is

The roundup of the features finishes around the 8:30 mark, and after that there's a run through of setting up a ‘cone’ constraint to an object using vops, just as a demo of the potential process in case that's of interest.

Cheers!

Henry Dean
1731 posts
Woah. This is incredible Henry.
http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki [www.tokeru.com]
https://www.patreon.com/mattestela [www.patreon.com]
806 posts
Master Henry,

this is *so* promising. Anyone vaguely familiar with the pains of rigging (even if what you do is only remotely resembling the term) will *immediately* grasp that this (if performance holds up, which it seems to do) “changes the game”. Not by a few nodges only.

I am very much looking forward to the “full package, sold at considerable rebates through a trustworthy site” ;-)

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
146 posts
Goodness me. This looks ever so useful. Well done.

(but also your username is making me hungry)
167 posts
Really cool!
183 posts
Looks cool!
Aleksei Rusev
Sr. Graphics Tools Engineer @ Nvidia
161 posts
This is very very interesting for rigging at the obj level! Awesome! Did you do speed comparison tests with the CHOP Constrain system? Is it faster?
  • Quick Links