quicktime movie export?

15296   23   1
833 posts
You should submit a request ticket directly to SideFX, I don't think posting here will get a response from them.
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
80 posts
BabaJ
If your making 100 flipbooks…that's the chunk of time your ‘wasting’…doing conversions doesn't take much longer to add in the process.

Have to agree with NRDPXL here… The point is those 100 flipbooks are taking long enough, not wasting time as it is a requisite activity, it is adding another (optimistic) “not much longer” * 100 that is the time waste when there is/was an easy direct method in place to accomplish the same result.

Thankfully this is not a bug on Windows although ironically qt is showing its age in that OS. I would be stewed if I had to exit the Houdini workflow every time I wanted to preserve a flipbook via qt.
Edited by Rebus B - Sept. 8, 2018 14:08:57
2038 posts
Thankfully this is not a bug on Windows although ironically qt is showing its age in that OS. I would be stewed if I had to exit the Houdini workflow every time I wanted to preserve a flipbook via qt.

But you can already ‘preserve’ flipbooks and review them without exiting your Houdini ‘workflow’.

The point was if you wanted to convert them to another format, and you don't have to do them one by one,

just run a single batch file on all 100, once. ( not * 100 )
80 posts
I see what you mean and it certainly makes sense if you have hundreds of sequences that you know you want to keep. I just find myself more often reviewing say a half dozen or so tests for one part of an effect and only wanting to keep one. Nice to be able to bang out a .mov of it immediately and then toss the rest in the trash.
  • Quick Links