Creating a pond with narrow band flip and ocean spectrum :)

1725   0   1
12 posts
Hello,
First off thank you for taking the time to read this! I'm trying to create a body of water enclosed on all sides like a small lake or a pond. I would like to make use of the ocean spectrum and have it a narrow band FLIP sim(so the pond can be deep without performance hits).

Essentially what I want is the ocean flat tank tool but inside a container. Attached I've put a hip file that is the ocean flat tank shelf tool but using the collisions to clip the ocean source and adding an ocean spectrum.

The source works perfectly(in the flattank_initial object). It seems to be clipping exactly how I want it, and the ocean spectrum behaves as intended. But at the moment the sim water goes everywhere(I fixed this problem by disabling “use waterline”). However when simmed the water all falls down and does not maintain it's place with the ocean source. I'd like the majority of the water to stay with the emitter. You can see this in the attached file “pond.hip”.

If I remove the static solver from the sim, and disconnect the object merge that acts as a cutter in the ocean source you get the ocean flat tank that works how I want. That is demonstrated in the file “pond_no_collisions.hip”.

I'm trying to achieve a deep pool/pond/lake of water with a shore that is not square, has narrow band flip, and I can put an ocean spectrum on the surface.

I really appreciate any help on this.
Thank you for your time!

All the best,
Jyota Malcolm

Attachments:
pond.hip (2.8 MB)
pond_no_collisions.hip (2.8 MB)

• Quick Links