Export each by connectivity

987   2   0
1004 posts
Hi!

I made a grass blade generator (makes a single grass blade). I made a bunch of variations, Uved them together (non-overlapping) and used a Connectivity sop. How do I automatically export each one using the class attribute?

I'm guessing I need to use a For-Each but I don't get how to automatically export:

grass_blade_01
grass_blade_02
grass_blade_03
grass_blade_04
etc.

-Olivier

Attachments:
individual_grass_blades.JPG (52.7 KB)

7750 posts
I would use the frame number to switch between each mesh, and export as an animation.

Why do you need each one in a different file? Modern workflows generally avoid file instancing like that. Also keep in mind instancing millions copies of some very light mesh will be much slower than rendering a big dense mesh, or fewer instances of some not-so-light meshes.
1004 posts
Ah!

So I would animate a switch that passes through each grass blade one frame at a time and have $F in the output path. nice.

I'm not making a million versions of this grass of blade. I'm making maybe 10 that will be randomly scattered in a small clump (2 feet by 2 feet) with a copy stamp. Then, I'll export that clump as a redshift proxy and scatter away!

Thanks for the info!

-Olivier
  • Quick Links