SOLVED: when I use attribute wrangle for alpha anything less than one and image disappears

2177   2   0
320 posts
I started Kenny Lammers Dropship tutorial, he used an attribute wrangle to make image transparent using @Alpha = 0.5; when I used this VEX the image disappears with any value less than 1 (one). I tried several times, same result

edit: the grid on which the image is applied via texture does go transparent, just does not have an image on it.
edit2: when I disabled the groups and transform, applied UV Quickshade to end node, it will follow the transparency amount I set in wrangle
edit3: got back on it and noticed when I am in GEO the image shows up with correct transparency, but when I go back to obj, it disappears and reappears when I return to GEO

final update: got it figured out. I had DISPLAY GROUP AND ATTRIBUTES LIST ON in viewport. turning it off corrected it.

I will leave this as is in case another newbie does this as well.
Edited by bobc4d - Sept. 23, 2018 20:56:45
2 posts
bobc4d
I started Kenny Lammers Dropship tutorial, he used an attribute wrangle to make image transparent using @Alpha = 0.5; when I used this VEX the image disappears with any value less than 1 (one). I tried several times, same result

edit: the grid on which the image is applied via texture does go transparent, just does not have an image on it.
edit2: when I disabled the groups and transform, applied UV Quickshade to end node, it will follow the transparency amount I set in wrangle
edit3: got back on it and noticed when I am in GEO the image shows up with correct transparency, but when I go back to obj, it disappears and reappears when I return to GEO

final update: got it figured out. I had DISPLAY GROUP AND ATTRIBUTES LIST ON in viewport. turning it off corrected it.

I will leave this as is in case another newbie does this as well.

the problem is not solved with your explanation, I get the object purple or disappears leaving only black edges
2 posts
the problem is not solved with your explanation, I get the object purple or disappears leaving only black edges
  • Quick Links