Houdini Camera autokey issue

2402   8   1
378 posts
A super annoying “feature” I stumbled across. Messed up a lot of my scenes:

378 posts
And another one:

Edited by OneBigTree - Sept. 30, 2018 12:00:47
4189 posts
The first bug can't be reproduced on MacOs, Linux or Windows here. So it's something with your setup. You could work through it here on the forums, i.e. remove the preferences folder etc but id be more efficient to just go via support to resolve that issue.

The third bug is a bug, you should post that into sideFx.

The second bug is the expected behavior and more a UX problem / feature missing issue. If you don't want to set a keyframe on the camera then don't tie/lock-icon the camera to the viewport. Then use the ‘[’ key to restore to the camera if you lose the camera, otherwise locking the parameters is the correct workflow right now.
1755 posts
I can reproduce the 1st bug, on a Win 7 machine. When I get home, I'll try on my Win 10 PC, but I'm pretty sure it'll be there.

The 2nd is part of a not so short list of sensible factory defaults that SESI doesn't want to change them because the user can create their own defaults (that's the reasoning I received).
In this case, it's the Preference>Animation>Auto-Commit

3rd one seems like a bug.

edit: I re-confirm the 1st bug, verified it on a different machine, OS and most likely Houdini Build. File RFEs!
Edited by anon_user_89151269 - Oct. 1, 2018 10:39:02
4189 posts
Maybe H17's new timeline will help the auto-commit in some way. Definitely a good preference to know about!

Update: 16.5.613 is meant to fix a camera drag'n'drop bug
Edited by anon_user_37409885 - Oct. 3, 2018 00:34:23
378 posts
As I recall there was some work done on the viewport and the camera for H17, so it doesn't make sense to report anything until we've actually seen H17.
For the auto commit, yes, I know that isn't a bug. It's just a non helpful behavior in most cases and shouldn't be the default.
There is a lot of work to be done on UX that shouldn't be too hard to do. I just think there is not enough focus on it in the development right now.
378 posts
fuos
Maybe H17's new timeline will help the auto-commit in some way. Definitely a good preference to know about!

Update: 16.5.613 is meant to fix a camera drag'n'drop bug

It would be very helpful if we had a list of user submitted bug reports so we can look something up quickly if we find an issue, and confirm it. Like starcitizens issue council, if anyone is familiar with it here …
Staff
5156 posts
That last issue with the locked camera view grabbing the view of the viewport the mouse was released in when in quad layout is fixed in 16.5.613.
378 posts
twod
That last issue with the locked camera view grabbing the view of the viewport the mouse was released in when in quad layout is fixed in 16.5.613.
Good to know. But as I said, it would be helpful to know which issues have been reported already. Would have saved me a lot of pain..
  • Quick Links