Polymer Growth inside a Gyroid Shape

535   0   0
1 posts
I am still learning Houdini and am wondering if anyone would know how to do the following?

I have a gyroid structure that is essentially made up of polymers with differently charged head groups (shown as red and blue balls in my attempt with golden tubes)

These stringy polymers form on the “framework” of the gyroid in random arrangement (the positive and negative head groups randomly arrange on the framework(sometimes you will end up with two or three similarly charged head groups next door to each other and that’s ok as long as the total arrangement is essentially random) the non charged portions of the polymer fill the void in between and coil around to avoid colliding with each other. (This attempt fails because I have spheres instead of a continuous polymer that just happens to have red or blue ends…. even if I have to “color’ the ends later it still would be better if the polymer was a continuos tube with swollen ends.

I want the polymers to grow from the framework of the gyroid out from the normal of the mesh and fill the voids but stop when the growth reaches “any” opposite frame work.

If this makes ANY sense at all and someone has an idea on how to approach this I would love to either reimburse them for their instruction or creation etc.

Many thanks for considering this idea.

Peter
  • Quick Links