Zooming in/out + panning on Camera backplate, SI style?

23510   27   10
10 posts
Trying to use the inbuilt tools in 17, but it isn't playing ball with images in the background of the camera - they're not scaling at the same rate as the viewport, so roto animation is impossible. Also, Jon's nice looking tool is crashing 17. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Have other people got this working ok?
Edited by Matt Morris - Oct. 29, 2018 10:06:10
114 posts
I also am confused, trying to use background for model reference image but any zoom in or out causes the image to “drift”. Is background image not supposed to be used for model reference?
4189 posts
xxyxxy
I also am confused, trying to use background for model reference image but any zoom in or out causes the image to “drift”. Is background image not supposed to be used for model reference?

Turning off ‘Auto-Place Image’ should fix that. Found in Display Option/Background.
251 posts
The image drift issue in H17 has been fixed by SideFX and ProNavigator (https://jdbgraphics.nl/script/pronavigator-houdini/) is working as expected again in build 459 and above.

from the change log:

Houdini 17.0.459 Corrected screen projection of BG image when either the camera screen or the display option screen isn't (0,0)-(1,1). Thu. January 10, 2019
More code, less clicks.
16 posts
Just pinging this thread to see if there is any built in way to do this, since there was a comment that they were working on it for the new version. I havent seen it mentioned anywhere…

Thanks.
8 posts
is there a build in option now in 18?
387 posts
Yes see 2d pan and zoom: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/basics/view.html#twod [www.sidefx.com]
8 posts
Amazing - THANK YOU!!!!
go Houdini!!!!
  • Quick Links