Python Button in unity Engine

2126   2   0
13 posts
Hi.

I have been playing around with creating interface options in Houdini
I have created a button that runs a python script that modifies the contents of a font sop, works fine in Houdini, but the button has no effect when it is merged into Unity.
I am assuming its something simple i am missing, or is this type of thing not done with python?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Hitch.

Attachments:
Test_V01.hiplc (68.9 KB)

197 posts
Hi,

Your hip file did not include the full definition of your HDA.. But I do have some assumptions of what might be going wrong.

Your HDA is locked when you use it in for example Unity Houdini Engine. This means that you cannot make changes to any parameters that have not been promoted to the top level. To work around this promote the parameters you would like to modify to the top level, and update those using your script instead.
Paul Ambrosiussen
Technical Artist, Freelance
twitter.com/ambrosiussen_p
13 posts
Hi,

Thank you so much for this, The top level piece did the trick.

Cheers.

Ambrosiussen
Hi,

Your hip file did not include the full definition of your HDA.. But I do have some assumptions of what might be going wrong.

Your HDA is locked when you use it in for example Unity Houdini Engine. This means that you cannot make changes to any parameters that have not been promoted to the top level. To work around this promote the parameters you would like to modify to the top level, and update those using your script instead.
  • Quick Links