error generating autorig with advanced face

4400   12   0
7 posts
Hi guys Im new to Houdini coming from softimage. I have been trying to learn the autorig and all is great until I try generate an advanced face.

I went through the documentation step by step and seem to have it setup the same but once I try generate the rig (many times over)
I get the following errors

File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/Houdini 17.0.352/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\lip\autoRigsLipBuilder.py”, line 203, in buildUpperLip
TemplateGuide.UPPER_LIP_GROUP_NAME)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/Houdini 17.0.352/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\lip\autoRigsLipBuilder.py”, line 286, in buildLip
loc_null = group.createRoot(self.loc_keys)
IndexError: list index out of range

Any idea what Im doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance
Staff
3455 posts
I'd first update to a more recent build of Houdini 17…
the latest is Houdini 17.0.393
there have been a few fixes since the release of H17
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
7 posts
Ok thank you ill try that.
7 posts
I just tried again,started with my json file and got the same error.

File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/Houdini 17.0.393/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\lip\autoRigsLipBuilder.py”, line 203, in buildUpperLip
TemplateGuide.UPPER_LIP_GROUP_NAME)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/Houdini 17.0.393/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\lip\autoRigsLipBuilder.py”, line 286, in buildLip

Maybe I should start from scratch?
7 posts
I rebuild from scratch following the step by step and get the same error. I believe im drawing the curves correctly so Im really not sure what I am doing wrong.
Staff
3455 posts
can you attach your file and I can have a look?
or you can DM me.
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
19 posts
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same issue using 17.5.391? Was there a solution to this? I seem to set everything correctly. When I hit generate rig it gets about 2/3 of the way finished and I get the same error as above

buildRigControlsSide
self.buildUpperLid(side_group, ismain)
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.391/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\eye\autoRigsEyeBuilder.py”, line 361, in buildUpperLid
side_group.getUpperLPCName())
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.391/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\eye\autoRigsEyeBuilder.py”, line 477, in buildLid
IndexError: list index out of range).

Please let me know if there was a solution.

Thanks

midi
Edited by midicon - Nov. 3, 2019 18:41:48
Staff
3455 posts
Please update to the latest Production Build (at the moment H17.5.425) and try again.

thanks
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
19 posts
Hi Michael, Thanks so much for getting back to me with your suggestion. I did as you suggested and updated to H17.5.425 and I am still getting the same generating error… (I actually didn't realize last time there was much more to this error than I thought before this is the whole code).

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\ui\uiCharacterTabs.py”, line 190, in buildRig
success = self.currentWidget().buildRig()
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\ui\uiCharacterTabs.py”, line 343, in buildRig
self.autorigs_asset.buildRig()
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\asset\autoRigsAsset.py”, line 167, in buildRig
self.autorigs_modules.buildModules(settings, geoskin)
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\asset\autoRigsModules.py”, line 101, in buildModules
module.buildRig(i)
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\advancedFaceModule.py”, line 93, in buildRig
self.autorigsbuilder.buildRig()
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\base\autoRigsBaseBuilder.py”, line 61, in buildRig
self.buildRigControls()
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\autoRigsAdvancedFaceBuilder.py”, line 110, in buildRigControls
self.eye_builder.buildRigControls()
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\eye\autoRigsEyeBuilder.py”, line 220, in buildRigControls
self.buildRigControlsSide(group1, ismain=True)
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\eye\autoRigsEyeBuilder.py”, line 317, in buildRigControlsSide
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\eye\autoRigsEyeBuilder.py”, line 361, in buildUpperLid
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\eye\autoRigsEyeBuilder.py”, line 477, in buildLid

Please let me know if there are any more suggestions on what might be the solution.

Thanks for your help.

Midi
Staff
3455 posts
I'm not able to reproduce this error…
are you able to send me an example file that I can test?
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
19 posts
Hey Michael, I wanted to pass you on the project file that I made to show you the error as you mentioned that you couldn't recreate it. I have zipped up my .hip and the low res geo that I am working with. Also, I saved out the JSON files of the auto rig settings one is without the advanced face and the other is with the advanced face… the advanced face gives me this error when I hit generate rig (it does get about 60% finished before the error pops up).

File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\ui\uiCharacterTabs.py”, line 190, in buildRig
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\ui\uiCharacterTabs.py”, line 343, in buildRig
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\asset\autoRigsAsset.py”, line 167, in buildRig
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\asset\autoRigsModules.py”, line 101, in buildModules
module.buildRig(i)
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\advancedFaceModule.py”, line 93, in buildRig
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\base\autoRigsBaseBuilder.py”, line 61, in buildRig
self.buildRigControls()
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\autoRigsAdvancedFaceBuilder.py”, line 110, in buildRigControls
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\eye\autoRigsEyeBuilder.py”, line 220, in buildRigControls
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\eye\autoRigsEyeBuilder.py”, line 317, in buildRigControlsSide
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\eye\autoRigsEyeBuilder.py”, line 361, in buildUpperLid
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.425/houdini/python2.7libs\autorigs\modules\advancedFace\eye\autoRigsEyeBuilder.py”, line 477, in buildLid
module.buildRig(i)
self.buildRigControls()

The JSON File without the face builds and seems to work. Please let me know if you see a solution on your end. thanks for taking the time to look into this.

All the best

Midi

Attachments:
AutoRiggingHelp.zip (1.2 MB)

Staff
3455 posts
strange - I can't reproduce this
but when I load your hip file I'm seeing some strange things with the dashed line indicators
are you seeing this?

also I've noticed an issue with the Tongue.

I'll keep looking into this
thanks for the files - they really help

Attachments:
dashed_lines.png (161.6 KB)

Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
19 posts
I did see those dotted lines but I had no idea what those were. I thought they were somthing for placing the controls in the right spots. Are you getting the rig to finish generating? Did you just load up the json file and hit generate? I thought I unchecked the tongue as there is no need for those bones. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks Michael.
  • Quick Links