when ever I am doing a bullet sim found overlap

3614   1   1
59 posts
I am having a doubt over the found over lap in the bullet sim and made a simple 2 box sim set up and looked over the dop_obj_geometry spread sheet details
at frame the starting frame of the sim it is 0 and from next frame it is showing as a 1 in the BULLET found overlap,

I thought it would be a 17 fault and also tried it in 16 but in 16 also repeating the same show.

when ever I am doing a sim it is bothering me.
help me if this is something that is already solved

Attachments:
found-overlap.gif (695.8 KB)

Houdini Fx Artist (Build)
59 posts
got a help note from the side effects help team here is it

The “found_overlap” is a reserved attribute that is used by the solver to keep track of a state, but doesn't really give any useful information to the user.

From the rbdpackedobject help:
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/dop/rbdpackedobject.html#reserved-solver-attributes [www.sidefx.com]

“When the solver sees an object for the first time, it checks whether that object is initially overlapping with any other objects in the simulation and prevents any such pairs of objects from being forced apart. This value is used by the solver to determine whether it has performed this process for the object on a previous frame.”

In other words, this value is a flag to tell the bullet solver if it should perform the overlapping check or not, it is not intended to tell the user if an object is currently overlapping. At object creation, this flag is set to 0, so the solver performs the overlap check, and flips the flag to 1, so in all subsequent frames, the overlap check doesn't have to be performed.

I hope this will help the other people like me who is confused.
Houdini Fx Artist (Build)
  • Quick Links