Fluid Source SOP gone?

23514   7   1
3 posts
I've encountered this problem a few times after following along with various fluid simulation tutorials online, but I can't seem to find any information online re: whether the Fluid Source SOP has been replaced in Houdini 17. What is the new node/method to create a fluid source? The FLIP Source node's parameters are totally different from the Fluid Source's. Sorry if this is a noob question, I've just started learning Houdini. Thanks!
1 posts
I can't see the fluid source
30 posts
Hey guys,

Are you looking for the “Volume Source” node in DOPS? It should have a particles tab along with your surface volume.
Shortcuts are supposed to be hard, if they were easy then they would just be “The Way”.
1769 posts
I think it is the sop level one, the operator was hidden because there is a new workflow in 17.
Open a hscript textport and execute then you will have it in the tab menu:

opunhide Sop fluidsource
daniel bukovec | senior fx td | weta digital
qLib -- http://qlab.github.io/qLib/ [qlab.github.io]
7727 posts
buki
Open a hscript textport and execute then you will have it in the tab menu:

Shh, we don't speak of such things.
1 posts
I am having the same problem. Trying to follow Andreas Glad tutorials & have come unstuck due to the updated nodes.
Very new to Houdini & no tutorials for the updated system.
59 posts
Try this in the Texport:

opunhide Dop sourcevolume

Then in the Dynamics context, you should be able to get an old-style sourcevolume node
1 posts
Hi guys

I'm trying to use the fluidsource node to transfer some vel into a DOP Network. However, the velocity doesn't seem to affect the simulation, it appears as vel.x, vel.y and vel.z.

Can I ask for some advice?

Thanks, using Houdini 19.0.498
  • Quick Links