Inverse Kinematics

1561   8   1
76 posts
When I add the inverse kinematics and move the parent bone the next bone that does not have the inverse kinematics rotates. That's how it works in 3dsmax, this bone stands motionless Http://take.ms/Nf9XQ Where is it regulated in the Houdini?
Staff
3455 posts
in the attached file I have a 3 bone chain
and IK set up between chain_bone1 and chain_bone1

if I translate chain_root1
this moves the root of chain_bone1 which means that chain_bone2 also must move to satisfy the IK
chain_bone3 is not involved in the IK - BUT, it IS child of chain_bone2 - so any transform of chain_bone2 must also transform chain_bone3.

if you want chain_bone3 to remain still-
add IK to chain_bone3:
first bone = chain_bone3
last bone = chain_bone3
Edited by goldfarb - Nov. 27, 2018 17:09:08

Attachments:
IK_3_bone_chain.hip (100.8 KB)

Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
76 posts
That's right! Now works fine!)

I also made the first Null from the IK parent for the second, it gives to move all together.

I'll show, maybe someone will come in handy http://take.ms/PkLSt [take.ms]

Thank you!
76 posts
goldfarb
if you want chain_bone3 to remain still-
add IK to chain_bone3:
first bone = chain_bone3
last bone = chain_bone3

Adding inverse kinematics to the next bone perfectly blocks the movement but does not block the rotation http://take.ms/DOAau3 [take.ms]
How to make this bone not move at all?
375 posts
Perhaps you need an upvector… ?
Houdini gamboler
76 posts
Grendizer
Perhaps, but what is an apvector? All I need is for the lower bone, the foot, not to move under the influence of the upper IK. I need this bone not to rotate itself, but to be able to control it.
Here's what it looks like in action http://take.ms/fEO0m [take.ms]
375 posts
In Houdini it is called a twist affector. So when you click the bones button, in the drop down above the viewport, choose “ik with twist affector”. Perhaps this will prevent your 3d bone from rotating.

I'm not sure it is the best solution for you as I have not digged far into rigging yet. A Houdini rigger could have perhaps a better idea.
Houdini gamboler
76 posts
Grendizer
In Houdini it is called a twist affector. So when you click the bones button, in the drop down above the viewport, choose “ik with twist affector”. Perhaps this will prevent your 3d bone from rotating.

I'm not sure it is the best solution for you as I have not digged far into rigging yet. A Houdini rigger could have perhaps a better idea.

Thanks for the reply but I created the IK with a twist effect, it is not related to the immobility of this bone
76 posts
Grendizer

I just now realized I really needed a twist Afector :-)
  • Quick Links