Help is still broken!

10952   24   6
603 posts
Nearest I can tell is that, at some point, the Help server gets blocked by the OS (Windows 10), and so you have to restart H in order to get Help working again.
Houdini Indie
Karma/Redshift 3D
2036 posts
Yeah..there is still some kind of bug. I'm using 8.1 with production build 557; and I know I should try daily build - probably tomorrow.

But I can't access help from inside Houdini at all. Crashes it everytime.
Staff
462 posts
BabaJ
But I can't access help from inside Houdini at all. Crashes it everytime.

If something crashes Houdini, please file a bug. Hopefully you have already, so I don't need to say this, but just mentioning it on the forum with no additional information is unlikely to get anything fixed.

I have no control over the search on the website… it's Google Site Search, and I have no idea why it's so much worse than Actual Google. I'm trying to advocate for the company to do the work necessary to enable the native docs search on the website.

Cheers,

Matt
2036 posts
Yes I had already filed a bug for this.

but just mentioning it on the forum with no additional information is unlikely to get anything fixed.

It wasn't my purpose to get it fixed by mentioning it. It was to highlight the ‘workaround’ suggested in the previous post to mine; That in my case, it won't work.

Hopefully, if someone else tries the workaround and it doesn't work for them but also sees other people not being able to use the workaround, they will know they are in good company.
78 posts
My workplace has what looks like a similar issue in version 16.0->17.0. Whenever you open help from the ? button it throws a long string of errors in the console. The help does open but all the icons are missing and the spew of text output freaks out the artists and slows down the help application considerably. This is true for using the internal or external browser, however the errors for the external browser seem shorter.

[2018-11-29 10:31:28,805] ERROR in app: Exception on /icons/CROWDS/agentcam.svg [GET]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\app.py", line 1982, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\app.py", line 1614, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\app.py", line 1517, in handle_user_exception
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\app.py", line 1612, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\app.py", line 1598, in dispatch_request
    return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/houdini/python2.7libs\bookish\flaskapp.py", line 246, in show
    resp = flask.send_file(fp, conditional=cond, mimetype=mimetype)
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\helpers.py", line 527, in send_file
    'Unable to infer MIME-type because no filename is available. '
ValueError: Unable to infer MIME-type because no filename is available. Please set either `attachment_filename`, pass a filepath to `filename_or_fp` or set your own MIME-type via `mimetype`.
2018-11-29 10:31:28,805: Exception on /icons/CROWDS/agentcam.svg [GET]
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\app.py", line 1982, in wsgi_app
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\app.py", line 1614, in full_dispatch_request
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\app.py", line 1517, in handle_user_exception
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\app.py", line 1612, in full_dispatch_request
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\app.py", line 1598, in dispatch_request
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/houdini/python2.7libs\bookish\flaskapp.py", line 246, in show
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/python27/lib/site-packages-forced\flask\helpers.py", line 527, in send_file
ValueError: Unable to infer MIME-type because no filename is available. Please set either `attachment_filename`, pass a filepath to `filename_or_fp` or set your own MIME-type via `mimetype`.
[2018-11-29 10:31:29,063] ERROR in app: Exception on /icons/OBJ/ambient.svg [GET]
2018-11-29 10:31:29,063: Exception on /icons/OBJ/ambient.svg [GET]
  • Quick Links