Promoting Poly Count to Object Level?

1540   1   0
13 posts
Hello.

I'd like to allow the users of a tool i'm writing see the current poly count the tool is producing. Obviously at the Geo level, you can middle-click and get that info, but that info is not available at the Obj level. Same holds true for Viewport Messages and Display Options/Guides/Geometry Info = Always On. My first thought was to somehow store the poly count in a Detail attribute and display it in a Tag Scene Visualizer. That would probably the cleanest solution, so that's my first question; how can i store the current poly count of a piece of geometry into a Detail attribute? My second thought was to display that same detail attrib as a Descriptive Parameter on the HDA node via Type Properties/Node tab, but i don't really want to wrap this up in an HDA. The best solution of all would be to simply have the ability to middle-click on the Obj level master node and get the poly count info. Is that possible? What's the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks…
1 posts
I'm having the same issue, any updates? I just want to know how many polygons my asset is creating. It is best practice to assign the parameters from the object level but then you cannot see how many polygons this produces without diving in?
  • Quick Links