guidegroom and animation

1092   2   0
76 posts
I've asked this question before but I have bad English and maybe people don't understand me.
Here I made a simple scene where the node of the guidegroom does not follow the animation http://take.ms/QxOUA [take.ms] I know that it is necessary to apply the node of guidedeform but how exactly I can not understand even reading the documentation.
I'm going to attach this simple scene, maybe someone can download, do the right thing, apply the right nodes and send me this scene back http://take.ms/AqJSc [take.ms]
I would be very grateful for the aid

Attachments:
guidegroom_for_forum.rar (163.3 KB)

236 posts
Hi, I've attached screenshots and a hip file. The screenshots show the initial position in red and the animation at frame 10 in green.

I've shown two methods.
1. For obj level animation. Use the non-animated geometry to generate the guides and add the animated geometry to the Guide Deform.
2. For sop level animation. Add a Rest sop to the sphere before animation and connect it to both inputs of the Guide Deform.

Attachments:
Hair_Deform_1.jpg (121.4 KB)
Hair_Deform_2.jpg (108.3 KB)
guidegroom_for_forum_fix.hipnc (1.1 MB)

76 posts
robsdesign
Hi, I've attached screenshots and a hip file. The screenshots show the initial position in red and the animation at frame 10 in green.

I've shown two methods.
1. For obj level animation. Use the non-animated geometry to generate the guides and add the animated geometry to the Guide Deform.
2. For sop level animation. Add a Rest sop to the sphere before animation and connect it to both inputs of the Guide Deform.

Thank you very much, Rob! You have no idea how you helped me! I saw it in the scene and everything became clear! I got stuck on this somewhere two weeks ago and now I'm just happy:-)
It would be cool if the documentation had more screenshots and illustrative examples
  • Quick Links