Jump To Materials

1038   7   1
76 posts
Why in Houdini 17 has disappeared such a useful function as a quick transition to the properties of the material? Here is an example of Houdini 16 and Houdini 17 http://take.ms/usD1r [take.ms]
Is there a more convenient alternative for such a transition to material in Houdini 17?
388 posts
With the select tool, you can press 8 to go into Material selection mode.
76 posts
Tanto

Thank you!
76 posts
Tanto
It still doesn't work. I press 8 and it gives nothing. Can there be any special features?
7759 posts
Material selection mode only works at Object level.

Attachments:
material_selection.PNG (541.7 KB)

76 posts
jsmack
Material selection mode only works at Object level.

Thank you! But I still do not understand the logic of the work. That's where I try to do it http://take.ms/BKG3y [take.ms] On one object worked on the other No.
I can not understand why such trifles so complicate, so many different conditions, so many modes of selections. Why this is not clear.
7759 posts
The object you were trying to select in the video has no material assigned, so that select material tool won't work. Geometry level material assignments aren't visible to the selection tool.
76 posts
jsmack
The object you were trying to select in the video has no material assigned, so that select material tool won't work. Geometry level material assignments aren't visible to the selection tool.

There are materials everywhere, just divided into groups.Because of such trifles what can be done in an hour have to do all day Hopefully in the next issue in Houdini will be returned this feature.
  • Quick Links