Forcing a display mode

1789   4   1
7 posts
Hi there,

A couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know how to force an object to be displayed as shaded regardless of the current viewport shading mode.

but what I'm really after at the moment:

2. Say I get an object that is always wireframe for instance a camera or a light. Dive inside and drop down a grid sop and merge it with the camera geo (which is an open curve), the resulting grid is always displayed as wireframe no matter what shading mode is in the viewport (bounding box or smooth shaded makes no difference).
I would like to be able to set it shaded but can't find anywhere to override that. I've searched through all the properties on the parameter interface but to no avail as yet.

I hope that makes sense

cheers
jp
388 posts
There's no way, as far as I know. However, if it can help, you can (kind of) do the inverse, forcing wireframe, by adding an “Ends” node and unrolling U or V.
7 posts
Hi Tanto,

Yeah, that's easy enough to do, going the other way round is the problem.
I'm trying to figure out what property or tag is on the camera or light object which forces it to always be wire frame and if I can turn that off I'm home free.
The only other way I can think of is to build the camera from the ground up, which is possible but prone to (my) human error that might muck up settings for mantra etc.
Essentially what I'm building is a roto plate within the camera with extra controls for zooming/re-racking and want the plate to be contained within the camera object for tidiness's sake. I've made one that you parent the camera to but I would like it to be a bit more elegant and user friendly.
cheers
jp
655 posts
I was wondering if someone has managed to do precisely that… considering 6 years later perhaps is viable now?

Thanks in advance
Staff
5157 posts
Set the detail attrib “gl_wireframe” to -1 on the contained SOP detail, and it'll always show as shaded. See the Reference Image object HDA as an example.
  • Quick Links