Terrain Material Displacement is to high

1448   2   1
96 posts
Hi,

I'm using the terrain shader on a heightfield terrain have two questions.

1. How do I reduce the amount of displacement. I want to get some detail with minimal change in the height of the terrain. Currently, with displacement on the terrain is displaced very high. I can dive into the nodes and go to smooth rock, debris_shader etc and take the enable input displacement down to 0.00001 and it still stays the same. It is only if I uncheck it and uncheck true displacements that the displacement changes. It is removed and the terrain becomes completely smooth.

2. The second issue is that when I change the displacement parameters in the shader, it does not change/update in the new render, until I disconnect and undo that disconnect on the displace_output to the collect node. Is this an issue others have noticed?

Thanks,

Adnan
220 posts
I don't seem to be having your trouble. did you try going to the actual unified noise vop and changing the final amplitude? There is smooth noise, rough noise, and debris noise. go to the actual noise vop and try changing the final amplitude. that will lower the displacement. hope this helps.
Thanks,

Evan
96 posts
Thanks Evan, that worked perfectly. I ended up just creating a constant and pasting it as a relative reference into all of those nodes. That made it easy to reduce the amplitude of the displacement overall. Thank you!

Adnan
  • Quick Links