How to bake material colors to texture?

3699   2   0
10 posts
Hey guys,

I can't find out how to bake to texture any material parameters (e.g. diffuse/emission) of the mesh.

I imported (.fbx) a sphere with 4 simple materials on it, where each one has a different diffuse color: black, red, green, blue.
Then I wanted to bake those material colors to one texture (mapped to the uv's of the sphere), but no luck.

I used “bake texture” node in ROP network, but I've got only black/white texture as a result.

Just in case I will attach the scene with the described set-up, so maybe it would be more clear what I'm asking. Some help/info about how to bake materials properties to texture would be very appreciated. Please help.

Attachments:
SphereBakeTest.fbx.hiplc (281.9 KB)

Staff
418 posts
Hi. FBX Surface shader lacks the export variables required for the quickplanes listed under the Bake Texture ROP. You can either A) use materials with proper exports such as principled shader or classic shader, or B) don't use the quickplanes, instead use “extra image planes” to add additional image planes with vex variables from the FBX surface shader (eg “Ca” for ambient, “Cd” for diffuse, etc).
10 posts
Awesome! Thank you a lot.
  • Quick Links