Can't get it to launch in Cent OS 7

3506   7   2
79 posts
I get this message in the console:

/opt/hfs17.0.416/bin/houdini-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can someone help?
56 posts
you could try to find package:
yum search libGLU

and install missing packages.
79 posts
NRDPXL
you could try to find package:
yum search libGLU

and install missing packages.
thanks a lot, this solved the issue
79 posts
I have a new question, how I can launch it from home directory? Now I have to go to the opt folder and launch from there.

I have to source the bash file everytime when I open a new terminal
Edited by ouroboros1221 - Dec. 22, 2018 23:37:57
56 posts
ouroboros1221
I have a new question, how I can launch it from home directory? Now I have to go to the opt folder and launch from there.

I have to source the bash file everytime when I open a new terminal

Are you using Gnome desktop? it has nice app launcher just press WIN key and type houdini.

alternatively can use alacarte in Gnome, or just youtube, how to create an application launcher depending on your desktop environment.

but if you insist using terminal you have to create symlink from /opt/yourhoudinioplace to /usr/bin
79 posts
NRDPXL
but if you insist using terminal you have to create symlink from /opt/yourhoudinioplace to /usr/bin

Thanks a lot, now I can open houdini by simply typing it in the terminal!
2 posts
For others coming to this post with the same problem on CentOS 7 I found that to resolve this problem I had to install the libxScrnSaver package.

The command for this is:

sudo yum install libXScreenSaver

The problem that I've now run into is that Houdini will sort of launch, in that it takes me to a dialog to select a licence. But when picking the Houdini Apprentice licence and accepting the licence agreement it then stops there. No error messages, but it just won't launch the actual application.

I've tried re-installing Houdini to double check that I'm installing the lic server as per the install instructions but still no luck so far...

I'll try and update if/when I find a solution.
172 posts
I had the same issue. Tried all of the above..
didn't help much, but this one helped:
sudo dnf install libnsl
kudos: @Njordy
Edited by Ivan L - Aug. 30, 2021 21:01:56
I contribute to the beauty of this world
  • Quick Links