Installation problems - "an older version...."

2836   6   0
2 posts
I'm trying to install apprentice and this is what I get…

“An old version of the licence (4,x or older) is running on this machine. To be able to install and return licenses successfully, please upgrade the license server version 16.5.378 now.” I tried to manually generate them and install them but I get the same message…running on macair (failry old) - os Siera 10.12.1

Any help? Thanks
Staff
48 posts
It sounds like something is wrong with your license server. You mention your Mac Air is “fairly old”. You should make sure it meets the minimum system requirements [www.sidefx.com]. If it does, try re-installing Houdini 16.5.378. If you still get the same error, contact SideFX support and send them a description of what you have tried, and a license diagnostic (open the License Administrator, then choose View > Diagnostic Information).
5 posts
Hey, just purchase Indie for OSX and am having the same problem. Ive used Houdini on this mac for 1.5 years, so I know it works. I uninstalled 15.5 and re-installed 16.5.378 twice. Nothing. Not sure whats going on but I ran diagnostics and am submitting it to support now.
Attachment Not Found

Attachment Not Found

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 4.04.43 PM.png (437.4 KB)

135 posts
Same thing here! Horrible user experience. Just shelled out for two years after testing apperentice and now it is just a lot of errors so I cannot run anything.
135 posts
Please advise what do do? I also sent a mail to support
135 posts
after complete unistalls etc: this is what greets me when I try to start:
so….yeah well, 399$ down the drain, 3 hours of furious irritation…

Attachments:
Screenshot 2019-01-13 at 15.04.45.png (566.3 KB)

135 posts
Ok I solved part of the problem:
There was an entry in the faq regarding this issue:
where one is supposed to edit the /etc/hosts file and add a mapping.https://www.sidefx.com/faq/licensing-trouble/#faq207 [www.sidefx.com]
Not what you expect from the error message…
Anyway, I seemed to have installed two license for the same computer. I assume I will solve this with sidefx/support.
This thread might be usefull for someone else, but otherwise, it could be removed
  • Quick Links