Flipbook and Scene View visualization are different (Solved)

2598   6   1
39 posts
For some time the Scene View visualization and the Flipbook are different, the Flipbook is brighter, i can't find a way to turn it back to normal. I tried to delete the Houdini17 folder in my Documents folder but no luck. What can i do?
Edited by RiccardoT - Jan. 2, 2019 18:22:28

Attachments:
Flipbook.PNG (502.1 KB)
Viewport.PNG (318.5 KB)

1 posts
It's most likely a bug. Mplay is using the wrong gamma for display. When your flipbook has finished caching, set the MPlay gamma to 1. That's What I've been doing since I got the bug.
39 posts
I think it's a Gamma related problem but changing the Default Display Gamma in the display option does not work, what can i do to solve this?
8513 posts
in flipbook or viewport you can enable Color Correction bar where you can set your desired color correction settings

however to set your defaults go to Edit/Color Settings/Color Correction and make sure both Viewport and Flipbook use the same settings, overall you may want everything to have gamma or LUT applied, but ultimately its up to your workflow
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
39 posts
These are my settings, everything seems fine but MPlay keeps giving me wash out flipbooks, what can i change or do to reset everything to default?
I already tried to delete the Houdini17 folder in my Documents folder but nothing changed

Attachments:
Color Correction Settings.JPG (190.2 KB)

39 posts
fastbom
It's most likely a bug. Mplay is using the wrong gamma for display. When your flipbook has finished caching, set the MPlay gamma to 1. That's What I've been doing since I got the bug.
Thanks this solved my problem
527 posts
Any word on when they will fix this bug?
soho vfx
  • Quick Links