Auto Key Keying all sloped attributes option?

5943   6   1
2 posts
Hello I am a maya animator currently making the move to Houdini Core.

I had a question about the auto key options.

In Houdini I can find to options for how Auto key works.

1: Auto-Key Tuples Parameters: off
Auto Key only keys the parameter that has been changed I.E. Shifting object in translate X will only set a key on the Translate X attribute and nothing else.

2: Auto-Key Tuples Parameters: on
Auto Key, Keys all parameters in vein of what was moved. I.E. Shifting object in translate X Will key all translates regardless of their values. but won't key any of the Rotate or Scale attributes until they are moved.

I would like to know if there is a third option for Auto Key to key all Parameters similar to Maya.
I.E. shifting an object in X translate would automatically set a key on all Translates, Rotates and Scales?

Thank you
Matt
7741 posts
Not that I know of. If you really want it, you can submit an RFE. I tend to do manual keyframes using the K key. It adds a key to all auto-scoped channels of the selected object, which normally includes TRS (character rig would have different channels auto-scoped.)
2 posts
Thanks Jsmack,
Yeah that is exactly what I would like auto key to do exactly what the K key does. just one less click of the keyboard every time.

I wanted to ask on the forum before submitting a RFE.
1265 posts
RFE ID=83620
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
114 posts
I'm starting into character animation as well; was there any resolution on this RFE? I would like the same thing!
Staff
476 posts
The RFE is still open and meaningful. It's something that has been requested multiple times. Meanwhile, the animation editor has an entry its Edit menu to “Match the Keyframes of Selected Timemarks”. It will add keyframes on the missing times.
Edited by Guillaume - Jan. 24, 2019 07:13:42
1 posts
Hi there,

just Checking if there is any update about it. I was looking for the same thing.

Thanks
  • Quick Links